- If the salve seems dry, add a a few drops of water to it. Apply a thin layer of the moist paste only on the affected area. Then cover the area with a Band-Aid or gauze.
- Keep the area covered for 24 to 48 hours. You will likely experience a slight burning or stinging sensation in the area during this time.
- Remove the cover. The target area is normally swollen and red/greyish. Clean the area by running cold water over it. If you wish, you can also gently clean the area with a cotton ball soaked in hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, or colloidal silver.
- Daily remove the old cover and apply a new one. A scab forms in a few days. To help loosen the scab when it starts to pull away from the surrounding skin, tape some gauze or cotton cloth soaked in colloidal silver over the area. Or spray the silver directly onto the scab and cover it. It will fall out on its own in 1 to 7 weeks. Do not pull it out since that may leave roots intact and result in increased scarring.
- For more profoundly affected and/or tougher areas, e.g., on the bottom of the feet, gently scrape the area before applying the salve to ensure better penetration.
- Occasionally, a second application of the salve will be necessary. If need be, gently score the scabbed area before reapplying the salve.
- Work on only one affected area at a time. Once one area is resolved, you can move on to the next.
- After removing the first Band-Aid, if you are experiencing pain, soak the area with peroxide for 20 minutes to alleviate the discomfort. If soaking with peroxide doesn’t reduce the pain sufficiently, consult with your health care practitioner.
- Before you use the salve on your face, first apply it elsewhere to see whether or not you scar.
- Keep the salve away from metal objects to maintain its effectiveness.
*This information is not to be construed as medical advice, but only to be considered educational in nature. For all illness, we recommend that you consult with your health care provider. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.